This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website More info



If you wish to sell your property in Portugal, we need the following documentation: 


Bilhete de identidade/passaporte = Passport or a Portuguese ID document
Copies of passport or ID card from all the owners of the property 


Número de contribuinte (NIF) = Fiscal number


Caderneta predial = Tax/financial Registration of the property 
This document is issued by the "FINANÇAS" (Tax Department) and shows the financial registration of the property and the rates and taxes payable for this property to the local council. In the case of a rural property the "Caderneta Rústica" is also required. This document should be an up to date copy not older than 6 months. 


Registo Predial  = Property registration certificate - land registry
Shows who the registered owner of a property is and if there are any outstanding loans/mortgages on the property, as well as details of the property like constructed area, plot size etc. Obtainable from the "Conservatoria do Registo Predial" (Land registry Office ).


Licença de utilização ou construção  = Habitation/construction license required for properties built after 1951
Issued by the "Câmara Municipal" (Town Hall) and shows that the property has been built according to the approved plans and for the purpose of habitation. No property can be sold without this license. Some properties are built before 1951 when no registration was done, these properties need a declaration from the city council that they are indeed built before 1951 and then they do not need a habitation license. 


Ficha técnica = Property Technical file 
This document is provided by the "Construtor" (Developer/Builder). This is a fairly new requirement (for properties completed after 30th of March 2004) and is the detailed file (ID) of the property. It explains in detail the construction, suppliers, materials used and all the technical data of the construction process.


Energy certificate
As per the new law, all properties advertised with an estate agent should have their own energy certificate. For more information, see our news item about the Energy Certificate


Mediation contract
Before we can advertise your property, we need to sign a mediation contract between the property owner(s) and Divine Home. In this contract the owners sign for their approval for Divine Home to find the buyer for the property. 


Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding the documentation of your property.